This year’s incoming class is one of the most diverse in Yale School of the Environment’s history, with students coming from six continents and 31 countries and from 29 U.S. states and territories.
- YSE Class of ’23: With a background in ecology, Neeti Jain seeks to expand the voices in conservation through more inclusive storytelling.
- YSE students spanned out across the globe for annual field studies during spring break.
- Yale researchers used machine learning techniques to study two decades of ivory trade media coverage in China, discovering some surprising shifts in public sentiment.
Prospect Street Award Winner is Developing an Actionable Plan to Meet California’s Bold Carbon Neutrality GoalsCalifornia will achieve carbon neutrality by 2045 at the latest, and the playbook 2022 Prospect Street Award winner Shereen D’Souza ’12 MESc and her colleagues created will serve as a model for the rest of the U.S. and the world.
- A YSE-led study details the severe degradation and deforestation caused by gold mining in tropical forests, as well as the biophysical challenges associated with effectively restoring these landscapes.
- To address issues of equity and justice in worldwide efforts to advance restoration and conservation and deforestation, a new paper co-authored by YSE's Director of Environmental Leadership & Training Initiative Eva Garen outlines 10 principles for effective, equitable, and transformative landscapes.
- Amy Zuckerwise ’20 MESc and Courtney Anderson ’20 MESc spent a summer studying smaller cats in the upper Amazon River basin in northwestern Bolivia.
- YSE students are researching myriad ways these animals are impacting the landscape to fully understand their conservation value and the importance of their survival.
- From speaking on panels to taking part in critical decision-making, students and faculty from the Yale School of the Environment played a major role at this year's COP26 in Glasgow, Scotland.
- Dozens of YSE and Yale students, faculty, and staff are taking part in the annual United Nations climate summit centered on reducing global greenhouse gas emissions.