This year’s incoming class is one of the most diverse in Yale School of the Environment’s history, with students coming from six continents and 31 countries and from 29 U.S. states and territories.
- Switzer Fellow Wes Gobar '24 MEM aims to focus on state-level climate justice issues.
- From a young age, Kroon Cup winner Jess Jones realized that sustainable land stewardship could help heal what ails the environment and humanity.
- YSE students spanned out across the globe for annual field studies during spring break.
- The environmental law career of Brandi Colander '07 MEM, a 2022 Distinguished Alumni Award winner, has spanned the public and private sector with a particular focus on building consensus and promoting inclusion of underrepresented communities.
- Gabriela Rodriguez ’23 MEM has been named a recipient of the Switzer Environmental Fellowship, a prestigious program that supports future environmental leaders.
- With a background in community organizing and experience as an international Peace Corps volunteer, Lac devoted countless hours at the Yale School of the Environment working to bring communities of people together.
- Aatma Leather, co-founded by Yale School of the Environment student Jinali Mody, will manufacture cruelty-free, plant-based leather products, such as belts, shoes, and handbags, from fruit and crop waste.
- Returning to her native Brooklyn, Lovinia Reynolds is graduating from YSE with an eye on climate justice in the largest city in the U.S.
- Akshyah Krishnakumar is seeking to achieve clean energy goals by working from the inside — starting with the fourth largest corporation in the world.
- A childhood appreciation of South Florida’s dunes and mangroves led Kristina Rodriguez to become deeply invested in conserving the state’s coastal ecosystems for future generations.
- A new report on climate resilience in Connecticut is recommending that the state take more steps to dismantle underlying inequality that makes vulnerable communities more susceptible to the effects of climate change.