The environmental law career of Brandi Colander '07 MEM, a 2022 Distinguished Alumni Award winner, has spanned the public and private sector with a particular focus on building consensus and promoting inclusion of underrepresented communities.
- Gabriela Rodriguez ’23 MEM has been named a recipient of the Switzer Environmental Fellowship, a prestigious program that supports future environmental leaders.
- With a background in community organizing and experience as an international Peace Corps volunteer, Lac devoted countless hours at the Yale School of the Environment working to bring communities of people together.
- Aatma Leather, co-founded by Yale School of the Environment student Jinali Mody, will manufacture cruelty-free, plant-based leather products, such as belts, shoes, and handbags, from fruit and crop waste.
- Returning to her native Brooklyn, Lovinia Reynolds is graduating from YSE with an eye on climate justice in the largest city in the U.S.
- Akshyah Krishnakumar is seeking to achieve clean energy goals by working from the inside — starting with the fourth largest corporation in the world.
- A childhood appreciation of South Florida’s dunes and mangroves led Kristina Rodriguez to become deeply invested in conserving the state’s coastal ecosystems for future generations.
- A new report on climate resilience in Connecticut is recommending that the state take more steps to dismantle underlying inequality that makes vulnerable communities more susceptible to the effects of climate change.
- In a paper published in the American Journal of Public Health, YSE authors Michelle Bell and Leo Goldsmith ’20 MEM lay out the case for a more inclusive environmental justice movement for the LGBTQ+ community, who are disproportionately affected by environmental exposures.
- In addition to YSE students and faculty, alumni played a major role at the November 2021 U.N. climate summit, representing global organizations and taking part in negotiations aimed at stronger climate action.
- The Yale School of the Environment is partnering with the Central Park Conservancy and the Natural Areas Conservancy in a first-of-its-kind initiative aimed at helping cities develop strategies to manage and mitigate the impacts of climate change on urban parks.
- YSE students win international prize for new digital app that allows farmers to sell crop byproducts instead of burning them.
- The nine YSE graduate students and recent graduates in the 2021 Environmental Fellows program have diverse backgrounds and experiences, but share the same impassioned commitment to their environmental work.