YSE students win international prize for new digital app that allows farmers to sell crop byproducts instead of burning them.
Business and the Environment
Business and the Environment
- The nine YSE graduate students and recent graduates in the 2021 Environmental Fellows program have diverse backgrounds and experiences, but share the same impassioned commitment to their environmental work.
Recent Grads Partner with Regenerative Agriculture Initiative on Innovative Soil Health Policy GuideAbbey Warner ’21 MEM and Darya Watnick ’21 MEM of the Regenerative Agriculture Initiative worked with dozens of practitioners and experts in farming and policymaking on a guide that gives practical advice for developing meaningful soil health policy and programs.
- A new global platform, based on YSE’s research through the Center for Industrial Ecology, will help promote opportunities for reuse of waste material and other resources.
- In a short Q&A, YISF Co-Director Todd Cort addresses the progress that has been made in sustainable financing, as well as some of the ongoing challenges.
- Mesa, a startup run by Tony Cisneros '21 MEM and Caroline Ebinger '22 MEM, seeks to provide nutritious backpacking meals while supporting core planetary health principles.
- A $100 million gift from FedEx will help fund the new Center, which will be focused on developing natural solutions for reducing atmospheric carbon. The Center will support and accelerate research across academic disciplines, helping to establish a more sustainable and healthier future for our planet.
- A team of Yale students last week won the MBA Impact Investing Network and Training (MIINT) competition, a pitch-off featuring students from business schools around the globe.
- A new Yale initiative, Plant-based And, encourages students from across campus to explore the intersections of food, sustainability, and social impact — with an emphasis on the role of student startups.
- The Connecticut Green Bank, a first-of-its-kind model for green financing first conceptualized at Yale, has been awarded the 2017 Innovation in American Government Award from Harvard’s Ash Center for Democratic Governance and Innovation.
- The Yale Initiative on Sustainable Finance is partnering with investment bank BNY Mellon to expand research on sustainable investing, ESG metrics, and how sustainability performance affects financial results.
- Recognizing the critical role that private capital flows will play in moving society toward a more sustainable future, Yale has launched an academic effort to provide high-quality research on the flow of capital into sustainability-oriented projects and sustainable companies.
- A new guidebook based on research by YSE scholars offers a roadmap for installing rooftop solar panels in communities that are often overlooked when it comes to promoting renewable energy solutions.
- While he was a student at the Yale School of Forestry & Environmental Studies (F&ES), Zach Parisa ’09 M.F.S. developed a technology that uses satellite data to determine the size and species of trees in forests.