Our graduates are actively making a difference in the world at nonprofits, government agencies, businesses and entrepreneurial startups, academia, and in the research sector.
On This Page
Class of 2022 Master’s Graduate First Destinations
The Office of Career and Professional Development conducts a survey six months after graduation each year, to determine the academic and employment activities of recent YSE graduates.
The survey is a snapshot at 6 months post graduation, and includes only alumni who have participated in the survey.
|Academic (K - Higher Education)||5||4%|
|Government / Intergovernmental/Public Sector||20||17%|
|Not-for-Profit / Non-Governmental Organization||31||26%|
|Private (Business / Consulting / Law)||55||45%|
Class of 2022 First Destination by Sector
Master's degree class of 2022, six months after graduation.
Previous Years’ Data
Academics (K - Higher Education)
- Kelly Education, Science Teacher, Bridgeport, CT
- Yale Center for Business and the Environment, Equitable Energy Program Manager, New Haven, CT
- Yale School of the Environment, Postgraduate Fellow, New Haven, CT
- Yale School of the Environmental, Agroforestry Fellow, New Haven, CT
- Yale University, Postgraduate Associate, New Haven, CT
- Addison County Regional Planning Commission, GIS Manager & Natural Resources Planner, Middlebury, VT
- California Coastal Commission, NOAA Coastal Management Fellow, San Francisco, CA
- California Environmental Protection Agency, Environmental Scientist, Sacramento, CA
- Connecticut Department of Transportation, Governor's Fellow, Newington, CT,
- Connecticut Public Utilities Regulatory Authority, Rate Specialist, New Britain, CT
- County of Yolo, California, Sustainability Manager, Woodland, CA
- Federal District Court of Vermont, Judicial Law Clerk, Burlington, VT
- Federation of American Scientists, Impact Fellow for Wildfire and Nature-Based Solutions at the White House Office of Management and Budget, Washington D.C.
- Government of Maharashtra, Managing Director, Haffkine Biopharmaceuticals Corporation Ltd., Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- National Park Service, Program Analyst, Boulder, CO
- New York State Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Services/Tidal Basin Government Consulting, Climate Policy Specialist, AlbaNew York, NY
- Sonoma Resource Conservation District, Forestry Technician, Santa Rosa, CA
- United States Agency for International Development, Country Desk Officer, Washington, D.C.
- United States Bureau of Reclamation, Program Analyst, Water Resources and Planning Office, Denver, CO
- United States Department of Agriculture Natural Resources Conservation Service, Urban Soil Conservationist, Troy, NY
- United States Department of Energy, Energy Justice Management & Program Analyst, Washington, D.C.
- United States Department of Transportation, Environmental Protection Specialist, Washington, D.C.
- United States Forest Service, Adaptive Management Specialist, Fort Collins, CO
- United States Forest Service, ORISE Fellow, Seattle, WA
- AdkAction, Executive Director, Keeseville, NY
- C40 Cities, Intern, New York, NY
- Climate Analytics Inc, Junior Implementation Strategist, New York, NY
- Coalition for Green Capital, Director of Policy and Network, Washington, D.C.
- Colorado Clean Energy Fund, Program Manager, Denver, CO
- Environmental Defense Fund, Senior ESG Analyst, New York, NY
- Environmental Defense Fund, Project Management Fellow, San Francisco, CA
- Evergreen Action, Power sector policy lead, New Haven, CT
- Hill Country Alliance, Water Program Manager, Austin, TX
- Joules Accelerator, Marketing & Community Manager, Charlotte, NC
- National Association of State Energy Officials, Program Manager, Arlington, VA
- National Association of Wetland Managers, Environmental Analyst, Portland, ME
- New York Botanical Garden, Director of the Thain Family Forest, Bronx, NY
- Ocean Conservancy, Lead Research Analyst, Remote
- Pan American Development Foundation, Program Associate (Humanitarian Program), Washington, D.C.
- Pew Charitable Trusts, Principal Associate, Washington, D.C.
- Potomac Conservancy, Director of Land Conservation, Silver Spring, MD
- Restauremos El Colorado, Gruber Fellow, Mexicali, Baja California, Mexico
- Round River Conservation Studies, Program Instructor, Maun, Botswana
- The Nature Conservancy, Blue Carbon Specialist, Nassawadox, VA
- The Nature Conservancy, Sustainable Agriculture Specialist, Remote
- The Pew Charitable Trusts, Principal Associate, Washington, D.C.
- The Rockefeller foundation, Strategic project lead, Nairobi, Kenya
- University of California Berkeley, Methane Policy Fellow, Berkeley, CA
- UPROSE, Energy Democracy Coordinator, Brooklyn, NY
- Virginia Interfaith Power and Light, Faith Outreach Coordinator and Transit Campaign Lead, Richmond, VA
- Wildlife Conservation Society, Wild Animal Keeper, Brooklyn, NY
- Wildlife Conservation Society, GIS and Forest Analyst, Washington D.C.
- Winrock International, Senior Program Associate, Arlington, VA
- World Business Council of Sustainable Development, Consultant, New York, NY
- World Resources Institute, Senior Research Associate, Ocean Data, Washington, D.C.
- World Resources Institute, Research Analyst II, Cities4Forests and Natural Infrastructure, Washington, D.C.
- 3Degrees, Policy Manager, Carbon Markets, San Francisco, CA
- Abt Associates, Analyst, Cambridge, MA
- AES Clean Energy, Associate, Growth Strategy, Arlington, VA
- Amazon.com, Energy Operations Manager, Seattle, WA
- Boston Consulting Group, Associate, Shanghai, China
- BlackRock, Analyst, New York, NY
- Booz Allen Hamilton, Environmental Protection Specialist, Washington, D.C.
- Boston Consulting Group, Senior Associate, New York, NY
- Cisco Systems, Business Analyst, New Haven, CT
- Citigroup, Assistant Vice President, Corporate Banking Sustainability and Corporate Transitions, New York, NY
- Clear Strategy Inc., Associate, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- ClearFlame Engines, VP of Strategy, Denver, CO
- ConnectGen LLC, Renewable Development Associate, Houston, TX
- Copenhagen Offshore Partners, Graduate Analyst, Boston, MA
- Corporate Citizenship, Senior Consultant, New York, NY
- Deloitte LLP, Sustainability Senior, Stamford, CT
- DSD Renewables, Head of Policy/Sr. Director, Washington, D.C.
- Environmental Resource Management, Senior Consultant, New York, NY
- Esherick Homsey Dodge and Davis Architecture, Climate Strategist, San Francisco, CA
- Eversource, Energy Efficiency Consultant, Berlin, CT
- Foodprint Group, Zero Waste Specialist, Remote
- FTI Consulting, Senior Consultant, Boston, MA
- Greenskies Clean Energy, Asset Management Analyst, New Haven, CT
- Hart Howerton, Architectural Designer, New York, NY
- Industrial Economics, Incorporated, Science Associate, Cambridge, MA
- JPMorgan Chase & Co, Senior Associate - Sustainability, New York, NY
- JPMorgan Chase & Co, Operational Sustainability Associate, Washington, D.C.
- Lumentum, Quality Engineer - LCA Specialist, San Jose, CA
- McKinsey & Company, Business Analyst, Shanghai, China
- McKinsey & Company, Fellow Associate, Berlin, Germany
- Mill Creek Renewables, Environmental Compliance Manager
- MUFG Bank, Associate, Investment Banking, Los Angeles, CA
- Nomura, Associate, San Francisco, CA
- PricewaterhouseCoopers, Sustainability Manager, Denver, CO
- Rincon Consultants, Climate Action Planner, Oakland, CA
- S&P Global, Research Analyst II, Washington, D.C.
- Schneider Electric Sustainability Business, Sustainability Consultant
- Schneider Electric Sustainability Business, Sustainability Consultant
- Sealed Air Corporation, Sustainability Specialist, fully remote, Washington, D.C.
- Sol Systems, Business Development Associate, Washington, D.C.
- Spring Lane Capital, Associate, Boston, MA
- Stantec, Public Affairs Specialist, Los Angeles, CA
- Stantec, Community Resilience Specialist, Laurel, MD
- Stinson LLP, Attorney, Dallas, TX
- Terra Global Capital, Remote Sensing Associate, Remote
- The Cool Down, Digital Content Manager, Remote
- Ulteig, Technology Innovation Associate, Denver, CO
- Utilidata, State Policy and Regulatory Lead, Providence, RI
- Walmart, Senior Manager, Sustainability, Bentonville, AR
- Weston & Sampson, Architect - Climate Resiliency, Boston, MA
- World Tree, Los Angeles, CA
- WSP USA, Associate Consultant, Chicago, IL
- WSP USA, Assistant Consultant Environmental Planner, Providence, RI
- Anderson & Kreiger LLP, Associate Attorney, Boston, MA
- Mead, Talerman & Costa, LLC, Attorney, Newburyport, MA
- Fox International Fellow, Copenhagen Business School, Copenhagen, Denmark
- Fulbright Scholar, Rabat, Morocco
- Fulbright Scholar, Tetiaroa, French Polynesia
- Ph.D. Student, Pennsylvania State, Recreation, Parks, and Tourism Management, State College, PA
- MBA Student, Stanford Graduate School of Business, Stanford, CA
- Ph.D. Student, University of California, Berkeley, Environmental Science, Policy, &, Berkeley, California
- Ph.D. Student, University of California, Berkeley, Environmental Science, Policy and Management, Berkeley, CA
- Ph.D. Student, University of Michigan, School for Environment and Sustainability, Ann Arbor, MI
- Ph.D. Student, Yale University, School of the Environment, New Haven, CT