From my experience in tropical forest ecology, restoration and agroforestry I have developed introductory courses and advanced seminars in tropical forest ecology and management, soil science, agroforestry, and restoration ecology. I hold honorary professorships at several universities in Latin America, and I teach Spanish language versions of these courses periodically.
I also teach on-line courses and short field courses as part of ELTI (Environmental LeadershipTraining Initiative) programs in Tropical Forest Ecology and Management, Restoration, Sustainable Agriculture, and Agroforestry, both in English and in Spanish.
As a Senior Research Scientist at Yale School of Forestry and Environmental Studies I am currently offering enrollment for credit (1-4 credits/semester) in either of two Project Courses:
- F&ES 1330: Independent Study
- F&ES 2330: Master's Project
Subject of projects may correspond to the following:
- Tropical Forest Ecology: biology, conservation, management
- Agroforestry Systems: Productivity, Environmental Services, Rural Development
- Ecological Restoration, especially in agricultural/forest landscapes
- Soil Conservation and Management
- Environmental services of forest and agroforestry systems: biodiversity conservation, carbon sequestration
- Climate change adaptation and mitigation
- Value-added, market-oriented projects involving non-timber forest products