For Earth Day, Dean Indy Burke joined Yale University President Peter Salovey on his monthly Yale Talk podcast for a conversation covering a wide range of environmental issues including:
- The latest IPCC report and what can still be done to mitigate climate change.
- How ‘smarter’ cities can be an important part of the ‘mitigation equation.’
- How universities can drive solutions to climate change and help policy makers and the public implement sustainable actions.
- Carbon pricing, carbon capture, and the potential of the Yale Center for Natural Carbon Capture.
- The groundbreaking work being done by Dr. Tony Leiserowitz and the Yale Program on Climate Change Communication. (Preview: Meteorologists are key to influencing public attitudes on climate change in their local communities.)
- A Yale Center for Business and the Environment survey of global business students in which more than half say they would accept a lower salary to work with a sustainability-forward employer.
- How YSE is preparing future leaders to pursue positive change for society.
Tune in for this insightful Earth Day 2022 discussion!
Paulo Brando, an internationally recognized expert of tropical ecosystems, joins the Yale School of the Environment. His research explores the causes of deforestation and forest degradation in the Amazon and the associated consequences to climate, ecological stability, and the potential future pathways of forests.
Dozens of students, faculty, and staff from the Yale School of the Environment and Yale University are participating in key decision-making and negotiations centered on global climate action at the annual UN climate summit being held this year in Sharm el Sheikh, Egypt.
Authors of UN Report on Climate Change Discuss Opportunities, Challenges of Urban Areas at Annual Hixon Conference
Two vice chairs and seven authors from the latest U.N. Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change report took part in the recent Hixon Center Urban Conference, which covered a range of issues including infrastructure, transportation, energy, forests, and how urban areas can help mitigate climate change.