Meet the newest F&ES admissions counselor

Hello!

My name is Becca Melnick and I am excited to be joining the F&ES admissions team as an admissions counselor! I am coming to F&ES from the School of Management where I was working on events for the school and student clubs but I can’t wait to hit the road in the fall and meet with prospective students around the country to talk about F&ES, how to apply and what Yale has to offer.

I am originally from Massachusetts and ended up in New Haven after getting my undergraduate degree from James Madison University in Virginia. While I have not studied here at F&ES, I am currently in graduate school and am getting my M.Ed. in Higher Education in Student Affairs.

I was drawn to F&ES for many reasons, all revolving around my belief in the mission of the school and the importance of the programs it offers. I wanted to work for a program and a school that supports the same values that I hold and has a meaningful community, a culture of open dialogue, and encourages continuous learning. My graduate studies are more broadly focused to higher education in general and I am interested in working with students throughout their entire higher educational experience. Being able to be engaged with students from admission through to graduation to help them develop their own paths and interests is extremely exciting and rewarding for me.

Another reason I am happy to be at F&ES is because of my interest and experience in the environment. I spent my summers growing up in the White Mountains of New Hampshire through a program run by the American Youth Foundation. I camped, hiked, biked and canoed over 1500 miles of New England and Canadian trails, roads and waterways.

In my free time (which I do not have a lot of because full time job + grad school = minimal extra time) I enjoy getting out a being a part of the New Haven community. I serve on the steering committee for the Future Leaders of Yale (the Universities young professionals organization) and am helping launch a new Young Jewish Professionals organization in New Haven. In the summer I spend as much time as I can at the beach and in the spring and fall, I play in a local kickball league.

I am looking forward to meeting many prospective and current students and I would be happy to connect to answer any questions (Rebecca.melnick@yale.edu)