Energy at F&ES

Energy at F&ES

F&ES is a great place to be if you’re interested in energy. In just two months there have been countless opportunities to get involved in the energy sphere, including career events, classes, and speakers on campus.

A few weeks ago I officially signed my return contract to NRG, so I’m not one to frequent many career events. However, I did go to the ​FES/SOM ​Energy Networking Night hosted at the School of Management a few weeks ago.​ There were seven employers present: Eversource​, ​CT Green Bank​, ​Coalition for Green Capital​, ​KEEA​, ​EDF Climate Corps​, ​PA Consulting​, and ​CT DEEP​. It was fun to get dressed up and schmooze with representatives from these organizations.​​​ ​And of course, I enjoyed eating bounties of cheese and drinking wine with my fellow energy-minded classmates. It was definitely a fun and educational experience!

Energy and business are two of the strongest disciplines at F&ES, as there are many students interested in these topics and a plethora of faculty whose work involves energy. I only have one course that is strictly energy focused, but energy is brought up as an important topic in every class and speaker event I have been to. And if students are interested they can join the Energy SIG (Student Interest Group) that focuses on bringing energy-related opportunities to campus!