Featured Alum: Agustin Carbo-Lugo, graduate of Mid-Career MEM program, and EPA Attorney

I thought I’d share a quick bio of Agustin Carbo-Lugo, a graduate of our incredible mid-career program. This program is designed for those with at least 7 years of experience in a related field, and is only 1 year long. It has a completely flexible curriculum which means the 24 credits one has to take to graduate are all electives! More information on the mid-career program is available here.

Agustin writes:

I’m an Attorney at the U.S. EPA in Dallas, Texas, working primarily on regulatory matters pursuant to the Federal Clean Air Act. The rulemaking process at the Agency requires a multidisciplinary approach that goes beyond the legal counseling we offer to our Air Program, requiring the integration of economic, legal, scientific, and policy factors. As an Air Attorney, the Mid-Career Program at FES has armed me with the best tools to provide a well-rounded legal counseling that is intertwined with current environmental management issues, such as climate change and energy policy, where the said factors play an important role in effective regulations. In addition to taking courses at FES, being able to tailor my Program with courses at Yale Law School and the Department of Political Science has enhanced my proficiencies in environmental policy making which has been paramount to tackle the complex rules that are emerging as a result of the current air pollution problems facing the United States.
Agustín F. Carbó-Lugo, FES’12, Air Attorney at US EPA-Region 6.