Professor Chertow’s greetings from China!

Associate Professor of Industrial Environmental Management, Director of Program on Solid Waste Policy, and Director of Industrial Environmental Management Program, Marian Chertow writes:

Just thought I’d send a quick message from Tianjin, China where I am attending the World Economic Forum’s “Summer Davos” meeting held in China each year. I was invited to present on the Circular Economy which springs from industrial ecology principles. We had a two hour highly interactive session replete with an artist who drew pictures while we spoke and took very colorful notes. All the IE students should enjoy the artist’s view of life cycle thinking – see below. The theme of the overall meeting is “Creating the Future Economy.” I have attended several sessions related to resource management, consumption, and China’s role in the economy. We had a keynote address from Chinese Premier Wen Ji Bao and, suffice it to say, there are major business leaders here, several heads of state, and a surprisingly open and friendly atmosphere.

Enjoy!